This year we will be having a Pokemon League! There will be Eight gyms (the types are a surprise), an Elite 4 (also a surprise), and a Champion (you get the point). So bring your 3DS and Pokemon X or Y and see if you can be the very best!
● In order to participate, players must have a 3DS/2DS/3DSXL and a Pokemon X game card, Pokemon Y game card or a digital copy of either version.Information for Saturday
● On Saturday, there will be 8 gym leaders, 4 Elite Four and 1 Champion somewhere around ProCon. The goal will be to obtain all 8 badges by defeating all of the gym leaders, then beat all of the Elite Four as well as the Champion. Once you have done that, you will have the option to be placed in the Tournament that will be taking place on Sunday.
● You may use any Pokemon you want.
● Single battle will always be one of the battle formats that the League will use. You may choose what battle format you would like to have if a gym leader (or higher) has two or more that they use. Therefore, have a single battle team prepared at the very least.
The following rules apply for SUNDAY’S TOURNAMENT:
1. Battle Format
● On Sunday, the battle format will be single battle. Players will select six Pokemon to battle with. The player who reduces all opposing Pokemon’s HP to 0 will be declared the winner and move on to the next round(s). The battles that take place will not be match battles. Therefore, there will only be one battle per round instead of three.
2. Banned Pokemon
● Using the following Pokemon will result in disqualification from the tournament: Mewtwo (including Mega Mewtwo X and Y), Lugia, Ho-Oh, Hidden Ability Blaziken (Speed Boost), Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (All forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (all forms), Darkrai, Shaymin (Sky Forme), Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, White Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal.
3. Banned Items
● Blazikenite, Gengarite, and Kangaskhanite are banned. Therefore Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, and Mega Kangaskhan are banned, but not their original counterparts (except Speed Boost Blaziken).
4. Battle Resolutions
● If a player's last Pokemon uses a move like Explosion (Self-Destruct, Final Gambit, Destiny Bond) and both players’ Pokemon faint, the player who used the move loses.
● If a player uses a recoil move (Volt Tackle, Wood Hammer, Flare Blitz, Double-Edge, Head Smash, Struggle, Submission, Brave Bird, Wild Charge, Head Change) or the player's Pokemon was holding a Life Orb, and both Pokemon faint, the player who used the move wins.
● If an ability (like Rough Skin, Liquid Ooze, Aftermath, Iron Barbs) causes both Pokemon to faint, the player whose Pokemon had the ability wins.
● Item Clause- You are allowed to attach up to 2 copies of each item on your Pokemon team.
● Species Clause- You are not allowed to use two Pokemon with the same national Pokedex number on one team.
● Sleep Clause- You cannot put more than 1 Pokemon to sleep at a time. Self induced sleep (moves like Rest) does not apply.
● OHKO Clause- One hit KO moves (Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine) are not allowed.